Saturday, August 11, 2012

Back to Reality

My summers used to consist of me working an easy part time job and enjoying my time off from school. This summer was the complete opposite of that. I knew that I needed to obtain an internship in order to expand my resume to get a job after graduation. But what I got was more than just an internship. I met some amazing people that I will always remember. I was given the opportunity to continue with the department as a PAID intern. In my field of Public Relations, it is very rare to find a paid internship, so this is an amazing opportunity. I knew that it would be worth it, and I'm glad to know I was right.

I also accepted two part-time jobs for the summer. It was definitely not planned for me to work so much. I got called back to the second one after starting the first, and they both seemed fun, so I thought I could handle both. Even though I was extremely busy, I liked working with the people I met. I became great friends with most of them and we share many great memories together. This really was a great summer.

I was surprised to know I am able to manage my time very wisely. As much as I worked (I can count on 2 hands how many days I didn't work) I still managed to spend time with my boyfriend and our friends. That was very important to me and I'm glad I was able to handle it. I don't think there is one thing I would change about the last couple of months.

I started watching Pretty Little Liars. It's no Gossip Girl, but it's pretty good. There is so much mystery and I cant wait to find out what's going on. I finally got around to getting Netflix and so far it's been worth it.

School starts in a little over a week. I think I'm finally coming to the realization that I have one year left. In a way I'm ready to get started on a new chapter of my life. I always say once summer is done I'm back to reality. This is the last time i will have a summer vacation and I know I will miss it. Good things are coming my way and I'm so ready for them.



Xoxo