Wednesday, September 26, 2012

There is nothing wrong with change.


I decided to change the name of my blog. Not because I hated my old title, but rather it’s just time for a change.

Every time I am working on a project I always find myself changing it up completely. I always feel like I can do better and know that I haven’t reached my full potential. I took college credit English my senior year of high school and on the first day of class our teacher told us to not expect an A+ because there is no such thing as a perfect paper.

At first I thought she was crazy and started to imagine sleepless nights working on completing homework for that class. Luckily for me, it was her last year to teach, so she could care less what we did. Seriously, we had a substitute teacher all the time and all she would write in the lesson plan for her was to just let us get on the computers and “play bubble shooter”. Dead serious.

Back to my point, I completely agree with her now. It’s gotten to the point where I just have to stop myself, because I know that if I go on and on editing my papers I will never stop.

I chose this title for many reasons. One, it’s simple. Who doesn’t love simple? Two, it’s true; we should all live our lives. We only get one, so we might as well focus on the positive and enjoy every second we are on this earth.

I’ve been so busy with work, my internship and school. Can someone please remind me why I decided to take 18 credit hours again? Anyone?

I decided to quit my job, so two weeks ago I gave them my notice. Not without buying as many candles and tarts as possible, obviously. I’m going to miss Yankee Candle, but I’m going to love having free weekends again.

My internship is going great. So many things are happening and I am so happy I get to be a part of them. I no longer have to share my desk with another intern so I can finally make it my own. I can’t even begin to describe how much I enjoy interning there. All the people are so nice and real. I know that I can be myself and try my best to contribute positively to my projects. I can’t forget to say how they ALWAYS bring in delicious snacks/desserts/bagels and I LOVE them for that. Especially because most of the time I’m literally running around before work so I have no time to eat. I love it there.

Classes are good. A lot of projects, but I’m learning a lot. Hard to believe this is the 6th week of class, but I’m enjoying it. I actually have my first exam of the year tomorrow and what am I doing? Blogging.. yeah. I know it’s exam week for a lot of people and thankfully I only have one, but I do wish everyone luck.

Another thing I’m happy about is that fall is finally here. It’s my favorite season. Not only because I love the weather, but all my favorite T.V. shows come back on. I still have a few weeks though, so I’ll just watch season 5 of Gossip Girl because I JUST FOUND OUT IT’S OUT!!! I am beyond excited.

Well I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this beautiful weather, well when it’s not raining.

Xoxo, Edith