Sunday, November 4, 2012

School, Texas, and the East Coast


Wow, it's been a while.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't been ridiculously busy the past month. I always knew my Senior year would be crazy, I just didn't know it would be this hard. It's been hard to make time to everything, but once I get every project, exam or homework done, I always feel so accomplished and proud of myself. Thanksgiving Break is right around the corner and then Christmas Break will come before we know it, and then I will begin my last semester EVER at Purdue.

I went to San Antonio for Fall Break and it was so pretty there! The River Walk is amazing and it's definitely something everyone should go see. I got to see the Alamo and we went horseback riding. A lot of my friends couldn't believe that I would do that, but yes, I definitely did something out of my comfort zone. In all, it was a great time and I was glad I got to relax and take a break from school. Here's a few pictures from our trip.



Ryan and I infront of the River Walk

Ryan and I infront of The Alamo
We stayed at Hotel Contessa. Our room had an amazing view of the River Walk


We went horseback riding at Rancho Cortez, just south of San Antonio
It was a really fun time, and I'm glad Ryan's parents invented us to go with them.

I can't write a blog without including Gossip Girl in it. Bare with me guys, there are only 8 episodes left EVER and then it's done. No more Gossip Girl. Anyway, the only thing I like about this season is that Blair and Chuck are together, nothing else is really that interesting. I mean, Serena dating and older guy, and Nate dating a girl in high school just doesn't seem that interesting. Oh and Rufus and Dan, SERIOUSLY? NO ONE CARES. Ugh. I heard Little J comes back. Great. I can't even. I'm ready for the scheming to start. The final episode will air the Monday right before I leave for Mexico, so perfect timing.

Speaking of NYC, seeing all those images on TV of the entire East Coast after the disaster left by Sandy is heartbreaking. I can't imagine losing everything and having to start over with nothing. But, this is America, and if they got through 9/11, they can make it through anything. Our Country always comes together in times like these, even with an election literally just around the corner. Even if you can't donate a lot, $10 to the RedCross can make a difference.

xoxo
Edith