Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

2 years ago I was coming back from spending the Thanksgiving holiday with my family in Southern Indiana. So many things have changed since then. Since then my family has decided to spend the winter months in our house in Mexico. Meaning that during that time I would only get to see them for three weeks during my Christmas vacation. This decision was not easy for me but I know that my parents have their reason for doing so and I try hard not to question it. Even with them being so far they would still do anything to help me if I asked. I would not be where I am today without the help of my parents and I will always be thankful for that. It's hard to not be able to see them, especially since my mom's and little sister's birthdays fall in November and I cannot be there to celebrate with them (and not to mention the amazing food that my mom cooks that I don't get to enjoy). Last Thanksgiving was probably the hardest because it was the first time I wasn't with them. I spent it with my sister and her family so it's not like I spent it completely alone. I did call them and it did get a little emotional but I knew I would be seeing them in less than a month so that was helpful. Anyway, this Thanksgiving my boyfriend asked me if I wanted to spend the holiday with him and his family. I am so thankful to have him in my life and it really did mean a lot to me when he asked. We had a great time together with his family and it really did make me feel at home. We went to Chicago to watch the lighting of the Christmas tree in downtown. It was so pretty, I've never been to Chicago during this time of year so that was great to experience. Ryan also took me to see Breaking Dawn (I'll post about my love/hate relationship with Twilight). We had a great dinner on Thanksgiving and then did some shopping on Black Friday..Not at midnight. I really enjoyed break and even though I wasn't with my family I still felt like I was with family and that's what Thanksgiving is all about. Ok so I thought that since the holiday is about what I am thankful for I would list a few things. I am thankful for the amazing parents that god gave me and my beautiful little sisters that I miss terribly (and brother). I am thankful that I was able to meet such an amazing person, who I hope to spend the rest of my life with. Also, I am thankful for my boyfriend's family for being so welcoming and always making me feel at home. I am thankful I have amazing friends that through rough times have always been there. I am thankful for everything I have, for being able to go to school and get a good education because I know not everyone gets that opportunity. And finally, I am thankful that no matter what seems to be going wrong I always have someone in my life to talk to and cheer me up. I know that I am not perfect but I really do try to be the best person I can be and I am thankful for everything that has happened in my life (good and bad). I hope everyone had a great break and I cannot believe that we only have three more weeks of school this semester, time seriously goes so fast. Also, thanks for taking the time to read this blog, it was a lot longer than I thought it would be.

Edith