Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Favorite Classes at Purdue





5. Psych 335- Stereotyping and Prejudice. Loved the class material, loved the professor. Now that I have been coming up with a list, I have noticed how I really have been blessed with having really good professors here at Purdue. This class was straight-forward. It talked about the unfortunate things going on in our culture and really made me want to make the right decisions in life.

4. Com 318- Principals of Persuasion. I learned so many persuasion techniques that I had never even thought about. The professor was amazing and she made every part of the class interesting. It was good to be able to learn things that will help me out in my career (and also to avoid being persuaded!).

3. History 172- History of Latin America. I signed up for this class because I needed to fill a core requirement in my college and I thought it would be interesting. In the end it turned out to be amazing. I learned so many new things, not only about Mexico, but also Brazil, Argentina and Cuba. Being able to learn more things about my culture is absolutely amazing and so interesting to me. There were no PowerPoints in this class. Our professor just stood at a podium and talked. Many people don't like this, but I loved it.

2. Com 312- Rhetoric in the Western World. Who would have thought learning about Aristotle, Socrates, Plate, Cicero, etc. would be so fun? My professor played a huge role in my enjoying this class. He related the topics to current events so this class really gets me thinking. I'm currently taking this course so I know the best is yet to come, and who knows, it might even become my number one.

1. Com 204- Critical Perspectives on Communication. I have never loved and hated a class at the same time. Hardest class I have ever taken. I worked my butt off for an A, and it was well worth it. I learned so many things that I honestly had never thought about. That class got me thinking. In the end I think this class helped me to see what life is all about. I had an amazing professor and TA. They were seriously the best and I thank them for teaching me in what would become my favorite class at Purdue.

There are so many other classes that I have taken that I really enjoyed, but these 5 definitely stood out. I have one more year of classes, one more year of new material, professors, and I am so excited to see the new things I will be learning. I love my major so much and can absolutely not wait to graduate and start working. I don't know what I would do if I was stuck doing something that I hated for the rest of my life. I'm glad I chose Purdue and cannot see myself anywhere else right now (Boiler Up!).

xoxo Edith