Thursday, May 17, 2012

OMFGG



Do I really have to wait until September for season 6?! Everyone that knows me is probably tired of me saying all season how much I hate the direction Gossip Girl is going, but I just can't let it go. It was bitter sweet to find out that next season will be the last. I'm sad because, well, I fell like a grew with Gossip Girl. When I was a Junior in High School, the cast were too. When I was starting college, so were they. Of course there is a HUGE difference between the Midwest and the upper east side, but still, I felt some sort of connection. But on the other hand I am glad to see it go because the story line is a bit exhausted now. I mean you can only split up Chuck and Blair so many times. And let's be honest, every one has already slept with everyone (except Chuck and Serena) but that would be weird. I know that when the season finale airs next year, I will be sad to see it end, but this has honestly been one of my favorite shows and I know it's for the best.


Ok, so about the season finale. Does anyone else feel like we are back to where we started? I can't help but love that. I miss the Blair we all knew and loved during the first two seasons. We all feel in love with her scheming ways. No one can do it like her. I am beyond excited that she is back. Words cannot describe my happiness when she chose Chuck. They ARE meant to be together. They have been through so much and I know that in the end everything will fall into place. 


I never liked Dan. At all. As a matter of fact I never like his family. I was never team Rufus and Lily and I most definitely was never a fan of Little J (thank God she's gone). Maybe it's a Brooklyn thing because now that I think about it I never liked Vanessa either. So I loved that Lily chose Bart. I mean he may be a manipulative liar and totally betrayed Chuck, but isn't Lily too? She did send an innocent man to jail just because she wanted Serena to go to a good school. Dan can go and write a tell all book about every one, but it will just prove what we all knew all along- he just wanted it. And please, he's so desperate that he is asking Georgina to help, I knew I didn't like him for a reason.


PLEASE cut Ivy/Lola/Charlie out of the show. I know they need fillers but I would honestly prefer to have Jenny and Vanessa than those wanna be actors. They can try to get back at Lily all they want but we all know that power is everything in this world, and truth is, Lily has that power.


I honestly feel bad for Serena. She went through hell and back this season. From her best friend and ex boyfriend hooking up daily in the room next to her, to finding out that she literally means nothing to her dad, it's no wonder the "old Serena" is back. I really hope that things look up for her in season six. She honestly deserves it. I know a lot of fans don't like her, but if you think of everything that she has done to change, and how much she has been through, she really does deserve a chance. I think that looking back at everything that Blair has done to her and vice-versa they will be BFF's once again. I mean someone has to be her Maid of Honor after Chuck proposes with that massive Harry Winston, right? 


Sometimes I wonder why Nate is even on the show. I mean does he ever do anything besides mess things up? But, on occasions he is the one that gets to uncover things. Like who Gossip Girl is. I am dying to find out. I know it can't be anyone in the main cast but I have always wondered who it really is. I think we've all figured out its not actually a girl. Hopefully the season finale will allow us to see who it really is behind that computer. 






__________________________


 I've been so busy with work and my internship that it's hard to find a time to just relax, but I know it will all be worth it in the end. I hope everyone is having a great start to summer!


xoxo
Edith