Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer, Kind of Wonderful

My summer is crazy busy, probably the busiest a summer has ever been for me. I knew I was putting a little too much on my plate when I decided that I would work two jobs along with my internship this summer. But, I knew that I could handle it. I've always been super organized about everything and I'm really good at managing my time. The good thing is, even though I rarely have any days off, I truly do try to make the best of it. I still have plenty of time to spend with me boyfriend and friends. I've learned that eveything is what YOU make it, and if you're going to complain 24/7 about how much you have to do and how you have no time for anything, then life will be miserable. 

Summer at Purdue is so different than what things are like during the school year. This is the first summer that I have spent here at school, and I'm actually enjoying it. Campus is not crowded, and there is no line anywhere you go. A lot of my friends stayed here this summer so it really isn't bad at all. I know once the school year starts I will miss how things were like in the summer months. I'm also totally not ready for summer to be over because I will be a Senior and I am not ready for that to happen. I simply cannot grasp the idea that this time next year I will have graduated and hopefully have a job related to my major. People were not joking when they told me that college literally flies by. 

One of the fun things that I'm doing this summer for my internship is planning a big event. I am learning so much. I can see my communication and writing skills improve every time I write a new newsletter or simply an email. I am so glad that I get the opportunity to work somewhere where I get hands on experience that I will use after I graduate. This once again proves to me that I am in he right major. I cant imagine myself doing anything else. 

I started watching Harry Potter. I said I never would. And to be honest, I watched like 20 minutes of the first movie when I was about 12 and hated it so I said I would never watch more. But my boyfriend finally convinced me to watch all of them with him. Let's just say we are on the fifth one now and I'm loving it. Everyone tells me I have to read the books because they are a million times better, but right now I don't think I can. Once school starts I can maybe start, but we'll have to see. I can't say I'm a "potter head" or whatever they call themselves, but I do love the story line. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! No matter if you are taking classes, doing an internship, working, or doing all of them, you should always make the best of it. 

xoxo, Edith