Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Rest is Still Unwritten

I cannot say how many times I catch myself thinking about my future. About what I'm going to be doing in 5 years. About where I will be living and where I will be working. I have one year left until I'm in the real world and I feel like I have a ticking time clock constantly reminding me of that.

I see people my age married, with kids and so many things go through my head. I don't see myself getting married for a while and kids are definitely not in my near future. I've never been one to judge but, we are so young. I mean, getting married at my age is such a big step and I can't help but feel some people are rushing into things. At the end of the day, everyone is responsible for their own decisions and only time will tell.

As for me, I am perfectly happy the way I am. I have an amazing family, a wonderful boyfriend, and the best friends in the world. I'm only 21 and I'm just trying to have fun. I want to enjoy my senior year, because after it's over, it's literally over. When I think about my future I need to tell myself that I need to live my life for the present, because no one ever knows what will happen tomorrow. Rushing things will only make life go by faster, and I'm trying to enjoy every second of it.

My advice to everyone is to live your life, take it one step at a time, because no one can predict the future, and the rest is still unwritten.


xoxo,
Edith