Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Most Important Thing of All

The downside to amazing things, is that it all must come to an end. Life changes so quickly, that it's necessary to enjoy the moment while one still has the chance. 

I saw a girl, who I had not gotten along with sophomore year, last night. It was great. We said hello, talked, and it made me realize that there is no time for anger or pettiness. I genuinely felt happy that she is doing so great in school and in life and I know everything that happened is a thing in the past. We can't build a time machine and travel back in time, but we can make things better in the present. I've said it before and I will say it again, I do not hate anyone. While I do wish somethings would have been done differently, we can't change it, so it's better to move on and forgive and forget. 

It's hard to look back and remember the negative aspects of life, but being stuck with those memories is definitely not healthy. I look at my dads story, where at the young age of 8 his father died, and shortly after was abandoned by his mother. He had to fend for himself and along with his sibling survive the cruel actions this world can have on us. But, I can honestly say, that I have NEVER heard my dad say one negative thing about his childhood. Yes, it was not a typical one and most definitely not one I would want for anyone, but he moved past it. He made sure that he would work hard and give his family the life that he never had. He didn't have a childhood, but that didn't stop him from being the best dad to me. He's my hero and I will love him forever. 

Life has been busy. Internship, school, homework, projects, finals.. it's been hectic. I tried to not let stress get to me this past month, but it's inevitable. The past couple of weeks were the worst as far as due dates, but I realized that I will only get to do this one more time. I am not ready to head out into the real world. I see so many people from my hometown, that count the minutes until they graduate, and I'm the opposite. I value my time here and I will make every second of my second semester count. It's a scary world out there, but I feel confident that with my degree from here, and my work experience, that I will be fine. 

On a happier note, Ryan and I recently celebrated our two year anniversary. Time sure does fly. It seems like it was just yesterday when I first met him, I remember that day so well. We spent a weekend in Cincinnati and everything was perfect. I seriously have no complaints about anything. We watched the Cowboys vs. Bengals game there too and it was great. It was my first time at a Cowboys game and I loved it. There were SO many Cowboys fans there you would have thought you were in Dallas. I honestly had an amazing time and I can't wait to see what we do for our three year. 


Well, I finished my only final I had last night (how did I get so lucky?). It was worth having hell week last week to have a more relaxed week now. As a drove back from my final (yes I drove back from Beering to my apartment, it was cold), I purposely drove right through campus, and it was sad. I don't want to leave this place. Purdue has given me so much. I am who I am today because of coming here. I met so many amazing friends that will always be in my life. I met my boyfriend, things would be so different without him. As a I drove by the academic buildings, I realized that even though I only have one semester left, I will always be part of the Boilermaker family. I will always have a degree from here and will always be proud of the school I graduated from. I love Purdue, I love West Lafayette, and that will never change. 

I'm leaving for Mexico next week and I'm really excited to see my family. My moms cooking is amazing and I plan on taking full advantage of eating it while I'm there. I already have all my Christmas shopping done and I can't wait for everyone to open their stuff. I hope everyone has a great break and enjoys the holidays. There is no better way than to spend it with our family and loved ones and at the end of the day that is the most important thing of all.